Sunday, February 27, 2011

Party's Over

After several weeks of thought and lots of discussion with Crafty Papa, I've decided to close up the Crafty Mama Creations shop. I've been making and selling bags and such for almost 6 years and also working part-time for the last two. As I'm sure many moms reading this will understand, it's all just too hard to balance.

Something about having an Etsy shop makes me feel guilty about sewing stuff for myself. I have no idea why, but any time I'm at my sewing machine I feel like I need to be sewing for my "real" job or making something for Etsy. I have an opportunity for more hours with my work at home job and Crafty Papa and I agree that it would be best for the family for me to get in my part-time hours every week and then know that any extra sewing time can be for me (fun) and not my shop.

Big thanks to everyone who has supported my shop over the years - especially those of you who followed me from Ebay to Etsy way back when! I'll be updating my shop in the next few days with clearance prices and also removing a few items to save for gifts. I'm hoping to post on the blog more often now because I'll have more fun personal projects to share. Thanks again!

-Crafty Mama

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I took kind of a "permanent" hiatus from my Etsy shop shortly after our 3rd child was born...so I totally understand!!

You seem so familiar to me, I wonder if I "saw" you around there (mine: SoCalledMommy)

I just recently jumped into the blogging world...hopefully that lasts a while :)

Anyway, good luck in all you keep doing!

Jona Giammalva said...

You will be happy you've made this decision...sewing will become fun all over again!! I can't wait to see what you come up with now that you're "free"!

Marie said...

Oh wow, I am right there with you. Some days it feels like I've lost my joy in sewing. Sounds like you're making the best decision for you and your family. I look forward to seeing you blog more too...I love reading about your family and projects. :)

Bonnie said...

I am sad I won't be able to shop but I totally understand. :) I can't wait to see some more of your cool projects!

Teresa said...

I feel the same way about sewing for myself. Last big thing I made for myself was my Diaper Bag, and that was a year ago!
Best Wishes for Happy Guilt Free Sewing!