Sunday, November 11, 2007

Back to my roots....sort of


Back when I first started bag making, this was the style I did on virtually every bag...along with everyone else on Ebay. While I like the style, it became very cookie cutter for me and was really hard to differentiate myself from the hundreds of other bag makers doing this exact style on Ebay. Since I have literally hundreds of yards of ribbon stock piled, I decided I better start experimenting with this style again.

I'm really pleased with how this one turned out. I tried to mix up the standard fabric-ribbon-fabric look by using the dotted ribbon with zig zag stitching and think it's just enough detail to make this bag stand out.

And, it's a really generously sized bag. Perfect for the mom of a newborn who still has to tote her entire nursery with her everywhere she goes or a mom with more than one young un'.

1 comment:

Elisa said...

Do you make any backpacks? I'm looking for one similar to the Vera Bradley type but I like the style of yours better.

(found you from the bargain board btw)