Monday, October 19, 2009

Back in Business!

We're all moved and mostly settled into our new house. There are just a few boxes left that I'm guessing will just sit in the garage until we move again - doesn't everyone have boxes like that? I've had to really scale down and alter my craft space. No more separate craft room for Crafty Mama:( But, I did set up my sewing table and shelves in the play/dining/craft room and took over the girls' old dresser to store all of my fabric. Scrapbooking moved out to the garage but it's actually going to work out better (I think). I got our old office desk which has tons of drawers, perfect for storing all of the little junk that goes along with scrapbooking. Our garage has lots of built in cabinets so I have several shelves to store the stuff I use to store in my craft room closet. So, it's been a big adjustment, but I think it's working.

I'm still working on decorating the house and trying to find some kind of balance with Crafty Papa. I like a flea market/feminine/colorful look and he likes modern and brown. As with pretty much everything in our marriage, we're on totally opposite sides of the spectrum (seriously, we couldn't be more different, I'm still not sure how we ended up together and haven't killed each other). It's really hard to resist the urge to just do everything how I want it and hope he doesn't say anything. I'm working on choosing fabric for little valances throughout the house and working on getting Steve to wrangle the electronics and cords that seem to be out of control. Other than that, we're settled and I'll share pics soon.

So, back to the title of the post. Etsy shop is reopened and I'm really hoping to get something new listed tomorrow. I have four days in a row off at work so I don't have any excuse for not sewing. For some reason I'm determined to ride my bike to Crafty Papa's work tomorrow morning while both girls are in school. I think it's about 4 miles round trip which is actually quite a lot for this out of shape mama. So, if I don't list something tomorrow, it's probably because I can't move my legs to press the sewing machine pedal.

1 comment:

tscrapper said...

I'm in the exact same boat! We moved last weekend and are mostly settled, and I'm working to get caught up now. Good luck!