Friday, March 5, 2010

Basking in My Productivity

Bella was home from school today with pink eye and being the good mother that I am, I let her watch not one, but two movies so I could be productive. Girl can talk...a lot...about nothing at all. And I just needed a few minutes of silence. She literally spent 20 minutes telling me how she thought they came up with the name "rainbow" for rainbows. If you're harshly judging my mothering, don't. She really only watched about 20 minutes of each movie and spent the rest chatting my ear off.

Anyway, first project of the day was to make a hostess apron for a friend's birthday. I used Jona's Apron in an Hour tutorial and used some of my extra special new Heather Bailey Nicey Jane fabrics because this friend is definitely deserving of my favorite fabrics.

I added some shabby flowers on the hem for a special touch and I think the whole thing came out really nicely.

Next up was an impromptu mini bedroom makeover. Our bedroom is really boring and Steve and I have totally different tastes. I decided to just go for it and surprise him (and not a good surprise most likely). So, we went from this....

to this.....

Not a lot of changes but the room is teeny tiny so it really changes the whole space. I got the quilt set from Target for $25 and it's reversible (the other side is a pale aqua). Other than that, I didn't spend any money. I made a cover for the old throw pillow and decided to really get Papa's blood pressure up by using cherry red polka dots and shabby flowers. I covered a canvas with fabric, added a vinyl monogram with our initials, and to really make him sick to his stomach, some red pom pom trim.

He'll be home any minute and probably won't be too happy but I love it so we'll even each other out and that's how marriage works, right? Wait, it's not?

5 comments:

Marie said...

Love the makeover! At least it's not hot pink! Those are my favorite colors ever!

Tonya said...

I saw those aqua quilts at Target the other day, I love it! Red and aqua is one of my favorite color combinations. I am LOL thinking about Crafty papa seeing it for the first time, I know Chad wouldn't be happy either LOLOL

Jona Giammalva said...

I love your bedroom! A wise man wants a wife who loves the bedroom even if it means flowers and polka dots. The apron looks wonderful (man I love that fabric) and you look so skinny!

Devon said...

i love it! hope you dh liked it!

Tracy said...

Red & Aqua is my favorite color scheme - so wish I would have done my baby girl's nursery in those colors. Love the room redo!