Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Babies




I am so loving making all of these dolls.

The possibilities are endless...pink hair, little buns, piggies sticking up, piggies hanging down, striped legs, polka dot dress...I could go on and on. I have a stack of dolls all cut out and waiting to be sewn this week. There's one little lady with bright teal wool felt hair - the color is called "peacock". Meow!

Call me crazy but I think these little babies have so much personality. Lately, I've been stuffing them at night while watching tv and then Crafty Papa and I end up with a row of leg-less, naked flannel babies on the couch with us. The other night I said to him, "Look at them all sitting there. Don't they all look so different, like they have their own personalities?". I was surprised when he agreed. Maybe we're both a little kooky?

For Christmas, each of my girls is getting a doll that looks like them and an embellished tshirt to match their baby. Handmade. One of a kind. Made with love by mama. I do take custom orders so feel free to email me if you'd like to order something similar for your little lady.

After my next batch of baby ladies is finished, I'm going to work on some little boy dolls and some kitties! I'm doing an event next month and hope to sell a bunch of these sweeties so if you have your eye on one, don't wait to buy it. Check back soon!

No comments: