Monday, November 17, 2008

Don't you just want to hug him?



Really, how cute is this little owl? I decided to try my hand at embroidery last night and couldn't be more happy with how he turned out. I drew my own original design, transferred it to my fabric, and grabbed my needle and new colorful embroidery floss. I think he gives the bag so much personality and a touch of a retro feel too.

Definitely hooked on embroidering and planning to work on a few more projects like this later this week. Any suggestions? A birdie? Snowman? Kitty? Swirls and flourishes? Or just more owls?

2 comments:

Jen Patrick- Roxybonds Scrappin said...

MORE OWLS---- pink, brown, green.... i need a bag!

Shanna (aka sjl202) said...

DAMN IT . . . who stole that one up? LOL! Adorable . . can't wait to see more!