Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful

Four years ago, we had Grandpa's funeral the day before Thanksgiving. Didn't leave a lot of room for feeling grateful at the holiday. I told Steve then that I thought it was really important for us to share out loud every year what we were thankful for. I asked the family this morning and here's what they said they're grateful for:

Matea: All the unicorns in the world. ??????
Bella: Some turkeys and sometimes apples. ???????
Crafty Papa: My family (as he's quickly kissing me, rushing out the door for work and I think, a little annoyed that I picked then to ask my question).

No one asked me but I'll tell you anyway. I'm thankful that we're all healthy this year (minus the ongoing hallucinations, of course). We missed our family Thanksgiving last year because Bella had pneumonia and a 106.5 degree fever. I'm thankful that Steve still has a steady job and we have food on the table for our family every night. I'm thankful that even though we're struggling, we're able to provide a Christmas for our kids this year unlike so many other families who have lost their income. I'm thankful that I have some really great customers who send me nice emails. I'm thankful for my friend Shanna, who chats online with me every morning. And thankful for Lena who has been a lifesaver, watching the girls when I've had appointments come up. My neighbor and friend, Sharon, who is still selfless and giving even after the worst year of her life. Thankful that my girls have grandparents they love. My dad just left yesterday and the first thing Matea said when she woke up this morning was, "I miss my Grandpa". Mostly, I'm thankful that I get to stay home with my girls (even though I've already told them this morning that they're driving me crazy) and thankful that I really do have the best husband a girl could ask for.

No comments: