Friday, June 11, 2010

Local Ladies



Today, my big girl graduated from kindergarten.

I don't think Bella's ever looked more grown up and beautiful.

It's like she aged over night. And I cried about it on the way to buy her cinnamon rolls this morning. I feel like she was just a newborn and tomorrow I'm going to wake up and be sending her off to college and wonder where the time went. I love seeing my girls grow up and am so happy I get to spend so much time with them as a work at home mom, but it just feels like time is moving way too quickly.

Bella definitely had a special day today with lots of attention and surprises (Grandma, Great-Grandma, and Auntie Devin surprised her at graduation!). Two of her most special gifts were some items made by local moms.

The cheery dress came from Emily at Blue Corduroy. She makes dresses using a combination of vintage sheets and new fabrics. This dress was absolutely perfect for Bella's personality and so well made. I love it!

And here's the adorable necklace I mentioned in a recent post.

Bella was so happy to have her own personalized necklace. Even though it's "grown up jewelry", it still looks dainty and sweet on her little 6 year old body. I love working with Rachel at Moonlight Doodles and can't say enough about how nice she is.

I hope your summer has gotten off to a great start. I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend with lots of sewing and maybe a trip or two to the beach.

3 comments:

blue corduroy said...

what a sweet post! your daughter is beautiful, and the dress looks so cute on her! i'm bummed i missed you in paso. i took a little walk around, but same as you, didn't go too far because i had the heat lazies. i hope i see you soon kelci! =emily

Marie said...

Congrats to Bella! She looks so grown up and beautiful!

Keeley Kirwan said...

She is absolutely adorable!! Love the dress too!!