Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Inspired by


You don't have to be a fashionista to know that ruffles are EVERYWHERE this season. Tops, bags, shoes, jewelry...ruffles are definitely the latest trend.

I was recently lucky enough to get some generous birthday gifts (money:) ) and I spent almost all of it on new clothes. Our weather is really mild here at the beach, mostly 60-80 degrees year round, so lightweight layering pieces are key.

I bought several bright cardigans and these ruffle tank tops from Old Navy in four different colors.


I think they're feminine and sweet without being Victorian or too young looking. Crafty Papa did mention the Seinfeld puffy shirt episode but I quickly shot him the death stare and said, "Really? Are you really comparing my tank top with four ruffles to THE puffy shirt?!".


The ruffle tank tops definitely inspired today's bag. I think the end result is great and I hope you do too. The brown is a super soft upholstery weight fabric with lots of texture. Perfect for fall.

No comments: