Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Wee Wonderfuls

Is this not the cutest doll ever?!

I made her using a pattern in the Wee Wonderfuls book. I've never really purchased crafting books but after some recommendations from a friend (and an Amazon birthday gift card!), I've been on a mini book-buying streak.

The book is really, really good with lots of fabulous projects and great pictures and directions to go along with them. I think there's a great range of projects for the less skilled to expert seamstress. I've found that the author is a big fan of hand stitching. I am not. I don't have the skill or the patience and for something like the cute little doll above, I really prefer a durable machine stitch for the really important parts like attaching her arms and legs.

I also made this tiny mermaid doll. She definitely needs some work (deciding where to machine stitch rather than hand stitch) but Matea loves her and has been swimming her around the house all morning.

The pigtail cutie at the top of the post is available in my shop. Just click on her picture and she'll take you to the listing.

No comments: