Thursday, October 14, 2010

*New*


I was in the mood to sew yesterday but wanted to do something different. I had stumbled upon some old baby pictures of Matea in the morning and I think they induced some very temporary baby fever.

So, instead of bags, I decided to work on some baby gift sets. I wanted to do something more fun than the usual single fabric so I made patchwork bibs that I free motion quilted.

I LOVE how they turned out! The patchwork definitely took longer but I think the end result is worth it. Imagine giving one of these sets to a pregnant coworker or friend. They get a beautiful handmade item for their baby and have no idea you only spent $15!

I definitely see more of these in my shop soon. I already have piles of scraps sorted and new bibs pieced that just need quilting.

On a different note, Friday, October 15th is the last day to order trick or treat bags for this Halloween. And if you've already placed an order with me, I'm finishing up your bag this week and it will ship no later than Monday, October 18th. Thanks!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Those are super cute, Kelci! Hope you are doing great! You look fabulous.