Sunday, December 16, 2007
Yay or nay?
Ok, let me preface this post with several statements.
1. This is the first item of clothing I've made myself other than some pj pants a long time ago.
2. I used $5/yard fabric from Walmart, not exactly the highest in quality.
3. I used a pattern intended for children who have no boobies, tummy, or ass.
4. Looking at these pics, I realize I need a good pair of Spanx.
5. Bella took some of the pics, thus the weird angle. Also, I'm sure it added 20 pounds:)
Ok, all that being said, what do you think? I took the same pattern I used for Bella's dress in the post below and tried to make myself a fancy shirt for hubby's work holiday party. Here's what I don't like...the fabric, kind of bunchy around my tummy, possibly making me look pregnant. Here's what I do like...I made it and it was cheap.
Ok, now leave me your harshest comments. I can take it. I haven't clipped all of the loose threads yet or adjusted the hem. Ugly? Makes me look too fat? I do have a back up so it's not like I'll go into freak out mode if you all say no, no, no.