Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm not all complaints

I actually did manage to work on two projects yesterday in the midst of my Heather Bailey Store complaints.

First, I made this fall floral bag. Kind of funky, very practical with SIX pockets...






































Then, I worked on this fabulous Amy Butler Lotus baby quilt. I pieced the top a few months ago and then set it aside and kind of ignored it. It's been over 5 years since I've quilted and I guess I wasn't ready to jump back into it at full force right away. Last night, I added the borders, quilted the whole thing, and got half way through the binding. I'm hoping to work on hand stitching the back side of the binding today and list it in the shop this evening. It's not a perfect piece, but it's handmade and one of a kind which I think, makes it a perfect gift.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

love both of those pieces! Your next job is to teach me how to quilt. :)

Marie said...

I love it! Those colors are so pretty...for claiming to not really be that great at sewing and quilting, you sure have me fooled! I'm working on a quilt for a friend too, I don't quilt, so we'll see how it turns out.