Saturday, May 2, 2009

Jumping In!


I ordered my quilt fabric tonight! Sis Boom Pretty Please!

I ordered from Jona's shop and got a fabulous deal. I know it's kind of bright and crazy but that's what my living room needs (and bright and crazy may just describe me too). I was initially set on using a jelly roll but couldn't find one that I was 100% in love with. I went fabric shopping for yardage and still couldn't find a collection I liked. I checked out Jona's shop this evening and immediately knew this was the perfect palette for my quilt. I ordered 15 fabrics in mainly pink, blue, and green.

I spent my early morning chatting online with my very own quilting consultant. I've been friends with Alissa for about 8 years and she was the one who first taught me how to quilt. She's amazingly talented and has had a great teacher in her mother. We have completely opposite taste but we somehow work together well. When she saw my fabric choices, she said they're very "Kelci". Anyway, she recommended this pattern and I'm apprehensively trying it. I love the way the end result looks but I just know I'll sew half of the triangles incorrectly.
(That's Alissa's quilt. Isn't it so fun and pretty? See, I told you she's talented.)

So, hopefully by the end of next week I'll have a few little squares started. I can't wait to see how it all comes together.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

That is going to be so pretty, Kelci! I am glad you are making a quilt, it is so much fun!

Jen Patrick- Roxybonds Scrappin said...

Can't wait to see your quilt!

Hey, check out my fam blog- pic of Allie in her outfit from you! Skirt is so cute and festive for cinco de mayo :)

I'm actually using that one as a template to make my own ;)