Monday, September 14, 2009

My Wilton Face


Seriously though, I don't know why I'm doing that. I remember being really excited about getting a semi rose looking rose on my first try and insisting he photograph it. I was in my kinda (ok, very) see through pj's so I had to keep telling Crafty Papa to shoot from the neck up only. Maybe that's supposed to be my sexy face for him or something. Not very appealing.

Anyhow, I've been talking about signing up for Michael's Wilton cake decorating class for several years and finally started classes this month. Our instructor is kooky with a capital K. Knowledgeable, nice, and high energy, but definitely kooky. I have to take a frosted cake ready for decorating this week so I decided to do a practice run over the weekend. Let me tell you, this was the best cake I've ever had. Really, the best. Lemon cake with raspberry buttercream frosting. I made a double batch of frosting to save for this Wednesday's cake and I just want to eat it for dinner tonight instead. It is fabulous.

3 comments:

Marie said...

That sounds delish...is it a recipe you got from the class? AND, I have those exact same see thru jammies...they are so comfortable!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

that is an amazingly delicous looking cake, maybe he prettiest i've seen, i like the simplicity.
xo-apple :)
http://misswrangler.blogspot.com/