Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I got nothin'

I'm not making anything today besides dinner and I don't think it's going to be exciting enough to share. I spent the morning at a friend's house talking about weight, my exceptionally round booty, the downside to living in a college town (lots of young hot girls to compare your not-as-young and not-as-hot self to), and looking at old pictures of us from college. Her 2 1/2 year old kept mocking me by throwing his hands up and saying, "That's hilarious!" and "I know!". I think I'm going to start doing that when involved in a seriously uninteresting conversation.

I would much rather spend the morning with a friend than cleaning house. And that's why my house looks like this.

Technically though, this does showcase "creation". Not only did the girls create a big fat mess, they also made fun little magazine collages. I'm definitely not one of those moms that keeps a super clean and tidy house but I'm also not really comfortable with magazine page confetti in my front room. But, the girls LOVE cutting things out and seem to be really into the project so I'll let them have their mess for another day. Coincidentally, I'm feeling extra tired and lazy today so it's the perfect time to ignore the mess.
Matea is absolutely crazy with the scissors. In general, she's much more reckless and daring than Bella and would probably use scissors blind folded if I let her. I can't watch her at all because it makes my heart beat fast. I am certain she will cut herself so I just try to focus on the fact that she has good insurance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.