Monday, January 11, 2010

Make a Wish

Several years ago, when Bella was still teeny tiny, Crafty Papa and I started the "birthday fairy" tradition. It's sort of like Christmas Eve for birthdays. After the girls go to bed, we decorate the house with balloons, streamers, and a birthday sign and pile up the birthday girl's presents.

I was busy at 10:00 last night hanging tissue paper flowers from the ceiling, running pink streamers across the living room, and admiring the new "Happy Birthday" banner I made.

And it was totally worth working harder than I like to that late at night because I got to see this expression this morning...

I made pink sprinkled cake pops for Bella's kindergarten class. It was the first time any of them had experienced the deliciousness that is cake balls.

I think we made our 6 year old's day:)


3 comments:

Marie said...

I love your new Happy Birthday banner and all the decorations! And those expressions and reactions are always priceless...
Those cake balls look delicious too!

Jen Patrick- Roxybonds Scrappin said...

Super cute! All of it!
Happy Birthday Bella!!!!
Do you frequent bakerella.com (I think thats the site)

Anonymous said...

Aw, that is so sweet!