at an Oxford Suites hotel about 10 miles from my own home. Ok, so not really a vacation when you're just trying to escape the construction dust, noise, and fumes in your house. Anyway, you've probably noticed I haven't posted in the last few days. I have no idea when we'll be back home but I can guarantee it won't be soon enough.
I'm in the midst of a pity party so I thought I'd share a list of all the things I miss.
1. My sewing machine and fabric. I got some new fabric in the mail yesterday and it's killing me that I can't use my sewing machine and whip up something cute.
2. My Trader Joe's Hazelnut Creme coffee and Coffeemate French Vanilla creamer. The hotel coffee is disgusting, as expected.
3. My tv. I'm not a huge tv watcher anymore but I miss knowing my channels.
4. My sense of control. I might have a slight tendency toward being bossy and in charge. Doesn't really work well with hotel life and construction workers who seem to be lacking a concept of time.
5. My clothes. I do not find living out of a suitcase to be enjoyable. I like options. I almost went to Walmart this morning to buy a gray hooded, zip up sweatshirt as a sign that I had given up.
6. My mailbox. Mail delivery if often the highlight of my day. It's just not the same driving up there at night to get my mail.
Let the sympathy comments begin. Seriously, I'm deep in the throws of pity.