Sunday, April 6, 2008

Tie a string around your finger

So you don't forget to check out my shop update later tonight. I'll be adding a few bags for mom and a few things for baby. I didn't get quite as much done yesterday as I had hoped because Bella and I were out spending some quality time together and preparing for her first "mock sleepover". It's an idea I read about for younger kids who aren't ready to spend the night yet. You wear your jammies and do all the fun things you would do at a slumber party - treats, popcorn, movie, etc. - but mom picks you up to sleep at home.

Lena's daughter came over from about 5-9pm and the girls had lots of fun playing. Within 15 minutes, the entire floor in the girls' room was covered with the contents of their dress up drawers (you know your grandma spoils you when you have 6 drawers full of dress up stuff). We put the baby to bed a 7:00 and turned on a movie for the girls and made popcorn. I pictured them snuggling for an hour and a half and munching popcorn while I got to catch up on some scrapbooking. Not so. They were jumping on the couch, pretending to be zombies (we can thank Lena's older son for that), and playing "hide the popcorn bowl" all over the livingroom. They had a great time and I was able to complete 4 new pages while Steve handled the "Shhhh, settle down a little" for me.

Definitely an idea you should try with your preschoolers.

Anyway, here's some crafty-ness I was able to accomplish last night amidst the shrieking and giggling. Matea was so pleased to see that her paci made it into a layout. She was faux pinching the picture this morning and saying "Awwww, pa-pa".

No comments: