Monday, April 7, 2008

Lots of Randomness

First, my big girl has to have minor surgery:( She has this tiny bump thingy on the corner of her mouth that has been there for a few years and has grown a little in the last 6 months or so. Her pediatrician thought it was a hemangioma and referred us to an ENT. He isn't so sure and said there's a very, very small chance it could be something more serious like melanoma so he really thinks it needs to be removed and biopsied. My poor girl has to be put under general anesthesia for the procedure which just makes me nervous. The doctor told me that in 20 years of doing this, he's never once had a child patient with complications from anesthesia so I guess I'll try to focus on that. It just sucks that she has to go through this scary experience and we can't be there with her. Our next door neighbor works at the surgery center though so I'm hoping maybe he can be with her in the surgery room until she falls asleep. Anyway, here's a pic of the tiny bump causing me all this grief...

















On a happier note, I made this onesie and burp cloth this afternoon and thought it was too cute not to share. I wasn't really sure whether my drawing skills were up to par but Bella immediately recognized it as a smiling whale. I hear that it's really hard to find cute boy's stuff so I'm trying to focus more on the little lads.





































Then, when she saw I had the camera out to photograph the onesie, Bella asked me to take a picture of her holding a little card where she had just written her name "perfectly" as she put it. Don't you think it looks like a kiddie mug shot?























And lastly, remember this?


















Yeah, we're still living that nightmare. We finally got the insurance money about a month ago but then there was an issue with trusses, permits, etc. so we've made absolutely no progress. We're finally starting construction this week. They'll be here tomorrow to pack up our master closet and bedroom and seal off the back of the house. I'm going to do my best to keep up with my sewing schedule but I think we're in for a rough few weeks. We'll be moving into a hotel later this week or beginning of next week and I don't know whether I'll be able to set up a very good work space.

1 comment:

Keeley Kirwan said...

Very Cute Whale!!
Bella does kinda look like she is posing for her mug shot...hehehe.
I was wondering what the heck had ever come of your tree incident. Hopefully this will get taken care of very soon!! Sorry about the hotel living!!