Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Remember when...

That tree fell through my house last year and I bitched and whined for 5 freaking months about the whole terrible ordeal? And how I couldn't get over questioning why this freak thing happened to us? Well, it happened to a regular Crafty Mama reader/friend, Marie. And, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened to another good online friend, Kristi too. They're both in Texas and just survived Hurricane Ike. Marie's family is safe but after living through similar damage, I know they have a long road ahead of them. It's been a week tomorrow since anyone has heard from Kristi but I suspect she probably has lots of damage to her house too. I'm still really worried about Kristi and her family and thinking about them everyday. Please keep both of these families in your thoughts. Marie and Kristi are talented, creative women who are also wonderful mothers and wives and they'll be tested a lot in the coming weeks and months.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Hey...thanks for the shout out! Our family and house is amazingly okay - but LOTS of damage all around us. We just got electricity back last night!