Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Another Day

Another Crafty Mama top. Another pair of cheap but cute Walmart jeans. Another set of bathroom self portraits. By the way, I totally want to paint my bathroom and fix it up since it's becoming my new photography studio but I swear, Crafty Papa is against anything colorful or cute. Apparently, we have to constantly be thinking about the resale factor even though I think we have several years before we could sell our house. Dude, let a girl have some decorating fun while the economy is tanking. Maybe I should share his email address and you could all send him hate mail for me. Hmmm. I digress.

Back to the top. I don't love it. I don't really know what happened. I really liked the fabric but I swear that when I washed it, it turned less red and more tomato. Maybe I should use some of Lindsey Lohan's self tanner and match my top. Haha! I'm cracking myself up. Anyway, I do like the print. Lots of fun stuff like mushrooms hidden in there. I decided to do regular sleeves instead of gathering them because a few people have made me aware of my jiggly upper arms and I thought this might be more flattering.

Overall, something just went wrong, The gathering on the neckline looks weird to me, different from the others I've made. And it's not scoopy enough. And it just feels weird. Like the sleeve holes feel too tight or something. I drew up a revised pattern for this one and maybe I screwed up? Anyway, it's cold and rainy so I'm workin' it with this cropped brown sweater. Again, from Walmart. I have it in a few colors and think it's been a great clothing investment. If you consider $12 each an investment:)

I swear I'll stop posting pics of myself soon. I'm just really having a good time sewing for myself and having some successes here and there. If I had $100, I would bet it on my friend Lena telling several people how self-absorbed I am. Does it make it less bad if I admit to the self-absorbtion?

9 comments:

vanessa said...

I think the top looks great and I love the fabric!

Anonymous said...

I think it looks great too Kelci! I think you are too hard on your work! You have an awesome talent, I'm glad to see you using
it on yourself!

Jess

Marie said...

I don't like this top as much as your last top using the simplicity pattern. BUT it looks really good with that cardigan. I like that color on you too!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I really love the sweater with it. I like your top too. I waer tops like this also. I have yet to sew some though. I am an avid sewer, but I make alot of bags.

Angie...your (sort of)neighbor in Marina, CA

nubiannut100@earthlink.net

Shanna (aka sjl202) said...

Eeehhh . . . truthfully I like the sleeves and the neckline alot better on the last one. :)

Shanna (aka sjl202) said...

Oh and shoot me CraftyPapa's e/m . . . I'll send him a little note! LMAO!

T@iy@ said...

Looks pretty great to me... but when I sew I always say the same thing about things no one else sees.

Jan Richards said...

Love the top and the sweater. Where are these sweaters at WalMart? You have lost 9 lbs.
woohoo...way to go. You are just so quietly losing this weight and
looking slimmer every week. Keep up the good work.

tscrapper said...

You really need to list a few shirts in your shop when you get a chance. I love them!!