Friday, August 14, 2009

Feeling Fall-ish

Bella starts kindergarten next week. I've purchased new socks and undies to go with the brand new back to school wardrobe from grandma. I'm battling a cold virus lovingly passed on from my baby to her mommy. I changed my Scentsy warmer to pumpkin spice. I would say I'm definitely feeling fall-ish, wouldn't you?

I've been feeling much more motivated to sew lately and feel like my creativity is finally coming back. Unfortunately, I'm not able to sew as much as I'd like to but I caved in and moved my sewing machine on to the kitchen counter this morning which seems to help.

Using some chocolate brown canvas (definitely fall-ish), Anna Maria Horner's gorgeous Good Folks floral, and some beautiful pink lace sent by Jona, I was able to create this before even getting dressed or brushing hair and teeth today!

I really like that the lace adds a more personal and one of a kind touch and definitely need to look into getting some more. Quite a while ago, I bought some fabulous crochet trim from J Caroline but unfortunately, I think it was a closeout item. I hadn't purchased fabric in a really long time but decided yesterday that I definitely needed some more fall colors in my stash so I got these from this Etsyer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mmmmm, love that last set of fabric! Can't wait to see what you create with it!
BTW- you get my email this week??

Keeley Kirwan said...

Oohhh...love the owls and trees fabrics!! :o)