Monday, February 25, 2008

Buzz, buzz, busy bee






The girls have a little book that says "buzz, buzz, busy bee" over and over again and that's how I feel. I put in 8 hours of work in my sewing room this weekend and it totally paid off. I made 2 bags on Saturday that both sold immediately and three bags yesterday, only one of which is left.

































I've been thinking about working with some vintage items. I made the last bag this afternoon and although the end result isn't at all what I was picturing when I started, I'm happy with it. I used some of the shimmery fabric flowers that my friend Keeley sent me last week and paired them with a vintage gold pin that belonged to my grandmother. I think the whole combination works nicely together.

Now I'm off to hit a few local thrift shops and see whether I can find any cool vintage fabrics to work with. Luckily, I have a fondness for bright, funky patterns so some of the scary 60's and 70's stuff in thrift shops is right up my alley.

3 comments:

Shana said...

Ok, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that blue purse! Too bad it's been bought already! Oh well saves me some moola. You've been a busy lady!

Keeley Kirwan said...

I LOVED LOVED LOVED that blue purse too...hehehe.

Julia Ladewski said...

haha Shana and Keels.... that's my purse, right Kelci??? I LOVE IT!!!!!