Monday, February 11, 2008

It's been a while since I've complained

Hasn't it been 2 or 3 days since my last written complaint? I'm sick, along with my two babies and we're all pretty miserable. I was hoping I would wake up and today would be Friday instead of Monday but so far, from what I can tell, it's Monday.

I'm working on a custom bag right now for Mari, the boutique owner, and this freakin thing has brought me to tears twice. I'm a frustration crier to begin with but I think illness has lowered my threshold. I'm using two beautiful custom designed fabrics (by Mari) but nothing is going my way. I worked on the freakin project for 7 hours yesterday before retiring to "100 Most Outrageous TV Moments". I was also hoping to wake up and find the bag was finished but that didn't happen either.

Ok, back to the outrageous tv moments show. Nice way to end the night, Steve and I laughed a lot. They showed the clip I'm sure you've all seen several times of President Bush saying, "Fool me once....shame on you? Fool me twice...fool me again?". Even if you think he's a good president, you have to admit he's a total dumbass.

Ok, let me get back on track here. My complaint had a purpose. It was a round about way for me to say that I probably won't be listing much this week. I have to finish Mari's project today or I believe she will put out a hit on me (it's being photographed for a magazine), Carrie, my most patient repeat custom order customer has been waiting for her bags for several years now (ok, just several weeks, but it feels longer) so I must get those done this week when the fabric arrives, I'm feeling like crap, and the elves did not arrive as planned to clean my house top to bottom while I was out of town on Saturday.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hang in there girl. I'm sure the bag is beautiful. Life has a way of knocking us off our feet sometimes. We're sick in our house too. No fun. Post a pic of the bag when it's done. I'll keep an eye out for it. :)

lena rushing said...

i watched that too,as much as i get a kick out of watching the pres be a total jackass in front of the entire world(over and over...pretty much everytime he opens his mouth)i loved the game show clip so much more,where the host asks,"where's the weirdest place you've ever made woopie?" and the wife looks at the husband...then at the host...then at the husband..and blurts out,"in my asshole" or some variation of that ( : p.s. i hope that commenting on bush doesn't turn your comment page into a debate but i couldn't help agreeing w/ you and i figured it would divert some of the negative attn over the comment from you to me...aren't i thoughtful ( :

Tonya said...

sorry y'all are sick and the housekeeping fairy and sewing fairy didn't show up for you, they never show up for me either : (

I can't wait to see the bag though, interested in the custom fabrics.