Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Yipppppeeeeeeeeee!!!

Ok, loaded up the fam this evening to go check out "my window" at Mari's shop. Turned the corner and I was so excited when I saw it, I literally started clapping like some crazy little kid. It's absolutely adorable! It all looks so incredibly cute and just makes me feel overwhelmingly proud and excited. After working with her for just a few weeks, I can see that Mari is a genuinely nice person who really believes in making other "creators" feel great about what they do. She's been a huge boost to my creative self esteem and really brought an incredible amount of excitement to my little world.

So, the pics are terrible because it was already dark, but I just can't say enough about how freakin cute the whole thing was. Steve was beaming and as we drove away, Bella said it was the prettiest thing she'd ever seen which made me feel so good.

Oh, and we went to Applebee's to celebrate, and guess what. Bad again. We were there for 20 minutes before we even got our drinks and they forgot one of the girl's meals. Those damn mozzarella sticks will always bring me back though.

Steve kept telling me how proud he was of me and said he felt like he should take me on a celebratory shopping spree. So he did....at the Dollar Tree. Nothing struck my fancy there so we headed for Walmart. Nope, not making this up. We're really this cheap and easily entertained. I got myself a clearance dress to wear to a funeral this weekend and some clearance earrings. Totally big spenders, we are.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Wow! The window looks awesome, I can imagine that it was a huge image boost to see your stuff in a store!

Oh, and we are easily entertained over here too, I love the Dollar Tree! We feel like we are living large when we go to Target ; )

I hope you have LOTS and LOTS of sales today!

Jona Giammalva said...

Everything is just darling! I would sit on a bench just to listen to people oohing and aaahing as they walk by.

We totally love the Dollar Tree too. Except I always get shocked at the final bill because I'm thinking "It's only a dollar" as I throw just one more thing in my cart.