Thursday, February 14, 2008

I'm baaaaaaack



I'm finally getting over my cold and back into the sewing room. I've gotten so much new fabric in the last few weeks, I'm feeling extra motivated and creative.

I used brown cotton webbing for the strap on the second bag so let me take a few minutes to tell you why I like this (it's what I used for the strap on my own bag). I've used cotton webbing in the past and had terrible problems with fray. This webbing is wider and is reinforced, addressing the fray problem. I really like it for two reasons. First, it's textured so it has some grip on your shoulder as opposed to smooth fabric which slips more easily. The second thing I really like is its durability. It just wears really well and hides dirt on one of the bag's higher traffic areas, the strap.

Anyway, you'll see webbing on more of my coming bags. I'll continue to use fabric on bags that have a more formal or traditional pattern but will be playing with webbing on some of the more fun and casual bags. Feel free to share your thoughts.

No comments: