Saturday, February 2, 2008

Question for the seamstresses out there

Anyone have experience with elastic thread? I know I said I was going to take the day off tomorrow but I have this crazy idea to make myself a peasant top like the dresses I've been making and then gather it under the boobies to make it more fitted. Anyhow, I've never used elastic thread and don't have any idea where to start. I suppose I could start with purchasing some.

On the boutique front, a bit of a disappointing evening. I got to the shop, unloaded my stuff, and then the owner called and couldn't make it. So, we're on for tomorrow morning at 9:00. But her niece, Shauna, who works there dug through all of my stuff and seemed to really like it all so that was nice to hear. Hopefully I'll have pics to post tomorrow.

1 comment:

mommy-2-Brayden said...

I have never tried it before but have always been curious. Here is a article that I have that explains the process well.

http://sewing.about.com/library/sewnews/qa/aaqa0202a.htm I hope that helps some.

To bad about the window not getting set up yesterday. I logged on many time yesterday waiting to see pics!